rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kneeboard/Bellyboard?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgreen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim,

That is a serious looking board - the fin could disembowel you. It looks like it is all rocker. How does this one go?

My second surfboard was a Bennet. It was second hand and whoever had prepared it for sale did a dodgy ding fixing job - they just fell out.

I can't exactly remember why we decided not to go with the concave - I tried 5 or 6 alaia in one morning, before ordering one. Mine has a slight roll in the bottom.

Bob
Soulglider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: jg Reply with quote

your alaia. is it a tom wegener? there is is only kick in the nose. the tail has absolutely no rocker. i know from the photos it looks like it, but it doesnt. this board is extremely fast. its designed for waves 6' and above. i havent had it out in stuff like that yet. the swell is supposed to bump up this weekend soooo, hopefully then!
dksnap

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully you get some pics of the board in action to share with us here. I dig your kneeboard/bellyboard site Tim. Good stuff!
bgreen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: RE: jg Reply with quote

Tim,

It is a TW model - # 98. I first rode one of his boards that could be borrowed from a surf shop and then he offered to meet me & bring a number of his boards to try. So I got to surf the boards one after the other. The final design was the result of trying different boards from an 8' to a really short, thin board that was all flex. Too much flex for me.

Tom has a newsletter, which I just got the other day. Interesting stuff on his olos being surfed at Waimea and Mike Stewart the bodyboarder, is working on a model.

Bob
Soulglider

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: nd Reply with quote

dksnap-

thanks for the kind words. i hope that i can keep finding groovy things to put up on the site. if folks want to share stuff with me, i'd be more than glad to put it up straight or with a little edit or a link. its the crazy things folks make, say and create that makes this life, on this world somewhat tolerable! Wink

bob-

Toms bro Jon, lives here in the states (central california) and is making alaia's as well. i guess he's taking a trip down to oz to shape some more boards with Tom and they assured me they are full-on into the whole deal. they offered to make me a custom but, i figgered, i dont even know where to start. never ridden one or anything like it sooooo, guess i'll try a couple myself to see if i can get to a place i can say what i like and dont like. maybe they can hook me up with some trial deal here. what are the dimensions of the board he made for you?
bgreen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: nd Reply with quote

Tim,

Give me a few days and I can send some dimensions and a photo or two, if there is an e-mail I can do this to.

I know it is wider than his usual boards which are about 17'.

Bob
eef

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: fe Reply with quote

Soulglider wrote:
eef,

Yeah, brother. i've seen that board before. looks fun! i like down the line speed racing for bellyboarding but, for kneeboarding it needed to turn mo' beddah!

i'm in the process of purchasing a Shaping Room (my wife calls it a house with a garage-whatever?). i'm going to try and shape an alaia next. your goofy monster boards have inspired me for a long time.

tim

Great to hear people get inspired by the monsterboards Smile
Just had a look at your new and improved site and it looks great! That's some beautifull artwork you put up there.
Love the bellyboard as well: what a HUGE fin!

keep up the good work,

Eef

http://www.monsterboards.org

http://www.hugtheworld.net
bgreen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: dimensions Reply with quote

Tim,

Some rough measurements.

My avatar has the alaia in the background. 5' long, tail is about 15 7/16' wide. Widest point is 18 3/4 about 18' from the nose.

Nose is 13 cm from the floor, tail is only about 2.5 cm from floor. I used cm here because I had trouble reading the small measurements (am avoiding glasses). Is thickest at the tail - about 15cm thick at thickest point, rail about 6 cm.

I may not have these measurements exactly right but it should give you an idea. Bottom is rolled. If you want pics let me know and can email you some.

Bob
Soulglider

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: fhoi Reply with quote

Bob,

sorry for the longtime to get back. thanks for the info. i am going through a move right now and thats whats taken so long. i'm going and try to bust one out as soon as i get my wifes storage unit-my shaping room-the garage, cleaned up.

Tim
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: