rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Early La Jolla Paipo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm not too up on statistics, I believe the 1981 300D trunk can easily hold a kneeboard, mini-paipo, mat, wetsuit and related crap, towels, and camping gear for several days. The only downside is having to put the ice check inside the vehicle (re: Watney's and other temptations). Excellent highway and pretty fair offroad capability. Climate control system bites, but that's what the icew chest is for.

We are just about ready to start that surf vehicle zone. Cruiser and Camper divisions? Or toss them all in the same?
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nels wrote:
While I'm not too up on statistics, I believe the 1981 300D trunk can easily hold a kneeboard, mini-paipo, mat, wetsuit and related crap, towels, and camping gear for several days. The only downside is having to put the ice check inside the vehicle (re: Watney's and other temptations). Excellent highway and pretty fair offroad capability. Climate control system bites, but that's what the icew chest is for.

We are just about ready to start that surf vehicle zone. Cruiser and Camper divisions? Or toss them all in the same?

Well, yeah, though the 1974 ( 115 body versus the 123 body of the '81) trunk will hold the ice chest. And a few gallons of oil. Then again, what's the fun of having cold beverages in the trunk?

Climate control...I want to meet the guy who designed the electrical system. Not the nightmare that, say, a Triumph is, but all those damned relays and the way ya have to take apart the dashboard and such to get at the heater blower motor...argh.

Retrofit with a suitably sedate Blaupunkt cd player and you're there.

A good cruising surfmobile should have a certain amount of camper capability. At least a seat you can sleep on, no?
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A good cruising surfmobile should have a certain amount of camper capability. At least a seat you can sleep on, no?

Absloutely. This applies for tent camping, or dirt camping, or picnic table-top camping. I guess that answers the question: seperate catagory for campmobiles.

Another old MBZ flaw - I can't remember the part, possibly speedo, but it can leak oil all inside the dash if not caught early. Actually, come to think of it, it will already have leaked oil in the dash by the time you catch it... Rolling Eyes
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nels wrote:

Absloutely. This applies for tent camping, or dirt camping, or picnic table-top camping. I guess that answers the question: seperate catagory for campmobiles.

Another old MBZ flaw - I can't remember the part, possibly speedo, but it can leak oil all inside the dash if not caught early. Actually, come to think of it, it will already have leaked oil in the dash by the time you catch it... Rolling Eyes

Actually, I was thinking the opposite: all should be considered campmobiles to a greater or lesser extent.

Lets see....... shall we figure out some categories or checkoffs?

Vehicle; ______________________

MPG - [ ] good [ ] bad [ ] Dumbvee

board capacity - [ ] good [ ] bad how many___

Sleeps ____ comfortably ___ in pain ___ contortionists ___ contortionists in love

Cargo capacity- [ ] cavernous [ ] average [ ] Matchbox cars have more room

Coolers front ___ rear ____

Handy dashboard projections that can be used as bottle openers ___

Bottle holders _____

Air conditioned? [ ] yes [ ] no [ ] rust holes

Tunes- [ ] CD player [ ] tape deck [ ] fm radio [ ] am radio [ ] better be able to sing [ ] horrible sounds from the tranny

Comfort while travelling - [ ] like sitting in a big hand full of feathers [ ] basic car seat [ ] Spanish Inquisition

Handling - [ ] like it was on rails [ ] boat-like [ ] drunken cow on wet ice

Frequency of Repair - [ ] never [ ] occasional [ ] often [ ] Fiat [ ] Yugo

Ease of repair [ ] easy [ ] medium [ ] difficult [ ] Fiat [ ] Yugo

Overall [ ] great [ ] okay [ ] not so hot [ ] dislike it [ ] the decline and fall of Western Civilisation all by itself
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: