rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tumak

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dksnap

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Tumak Reply with quote

Chris Harazda (aka Tumak) is well known and loved in this forum, so I wanted to share this news with his friends on here. Please keep his wife Janet in your thoughts and prayers, as Chris passed away this morning on the beach in Jupiter, FL.

The day started out on a positive note. Janet, Chris, and I were enjoying a paipo & bodyboard session in beautiful glassy waves. After an hour and a half in the water, Chris paddled in. Apparently, he had been having some shortness of breath and chest pains. Janet and I soon followed. When we got the beach, we found him lying on the sand motionless, without a pulse. The lifeguards rushed over to begin CPR and use of the AED. They, along with the paramedics, did all they could in an attempt to revive him, but it was too late.

I didn't know Chris very well, but he seemed to be a person who loved life and walked to the beat of his own drum. He had a real passion for paipo boarding, as we all know. Chris died right after doing something he loved - riding his Mysterious Turtle in the Florida waves he loved so much. Please send your positive and healing energy to Janet, to help her in the grieving process.

~Allison
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allison,
Thank you for passing along the unfortunate news. Your message really shook me into a mild state of shock. It seemed only yesterday that we shared some waves along the Cocoa coast and I so much looked forward to sharing more waves with Chris in the not to distant future. He was a fine man. It is my loss that I was not able to spend more time with Chris and have just a little of his good karma rub off on me.

Tumak During My Dec 2005 Visit

Tumak's Balsa Board

Part of my trip/session report:
December 10, 2005, morning session
Another Patrick AFB area break, Picnic Tables
Partly sunny, partly cloudy, cold overnight - morning air in the 50s, water in the upper 60s
Offshore and semi-glassy, 3-5'
Low tide in the morning
Paul, Brett and myself, plus a local paipo rider, Tumak; and some others

We pulled on the warm and dry 3/2 suits this morning. Swell had declined by almost one-half, but still plenty of peaks and faces to ride. The waves were actually a bit more punchy feeling today. Guess we spent a good 3+ hours out in the surf. Bonus points in meeting fellow paipo-rider, Tumak, in the line-up. In my haste to suit up I neglected to call him, but being the good local he figured out where we would probably be riding. Tumak scored a super fine tube ride right. We split the peak and as he angled right you could see the entire lip pitch over and envelope him in all of the sea's glory. He was one stoked fella!

He posted later that day of having one of his best, most stoking rides ever. And that is how I shall remember him. Smile
http://www.rodndtube.com/paipo/riders/Chris_Harazda/Harazda.shtml
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uncle Grumpy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's not a bad way to go if it's your time.
Condolences to all. Crying or Very sad
eef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's some very sad news Sad At least he died doing something he loved!

My condolences!

greetings,

Eef

http://www.monsterboards.org

http://www.hugtheworld.net
moody

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod, we are all saddened from losing Chris, although truthfully, he's one person I can't really mourn, just because I always felt that he truly understood that life is only a stage on the real journey. I miss him, but I can see him out there surfing Malibu in 1926, away from the crowd and the stink of the 21st century. Didn't we all have a good time at DaKine's that night? Chris gave me a lot of wisdom through the years - I always felt that I was truly fortunate to know him, and he was such a positive example to me on my own path of unconventional spiritual growth.
dksnap

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jane... Thank you for chiming in on this thread, as someone who lives in the area and knew Chris more closely than I did. I feel very fortunate to have gotten to know Chris this year, both from this forum and a few times out in the water. My only regret is that living 2 hours away, I didn't get the chance to know him better.

Allison
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane and Allision,

Please keep us updated on any arrangements and express my condolences at any memorial services. Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dksnap

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod, I certainly will do that for you.
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very depressing news. I only new Tumak from this forum, but there are so few of us that no one missed can be overlooked.
plypo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sad to hear about Chris. I knew him as "Hang Zero","Tumak", "logjammer", and "hey you". My best wishes go to his family.

Flow with the Ancients, Chris.

Andy
Cornwall
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the un-quantifiable aspects of the internet is the intense nature of personal connections that can develop out of the vast emptiness of cyberspace. Somewhat random flashes of recognition form bonds that truly don't follow the flow of things in the daily world. All anyone on this forum need think about is how they felt when they came across Rod's Paipo Page or this forum itself...no longer looking through a dirty window but suddenly able to step through a hole in the wall. It might not be "home" on the other side, but it surely is a place one is welcome.

I don't know how it is for the rest of you who may read this, but honestly I have more in common with you than I do with 99% of the people around me. That may read a bit dry and lonely, but it isn't. Time and distance are brought together online in ways they can't in "real life".

But, alas, the clock does keep ticking. So sorry to hear of Tumak passing on, so glad he was at a place he loved, with his wife, so glad you were there Allison although few things in life could be harder...one being losing a partner unexpectedly, all the worse if alone.

I read the news, walked out into another room and on tv was "The Big Lebowski"...the chief of police in Malibu telling The Dude off, running him out of town, demanding a response from him. He got a blank stare and an apology: "I'm sorry, I wasn't listening". The Dude took a coffee cup in the forehead; living free always has a price. It's a small price, though, if you live happily.

Condolences.

Nels

"Keep a fire for the human race
Let your prayers go drifting into space
You never know what will be coming down
Perhaps a better world is drawing near
And just as easily it could all disappear
Along with whatever meaning you might have found
Dont let the uncertainty turn you around
(the world keeps turning around and around)
Go on and make a joyful sound"
-Jackson Browne
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Paddle Out for Tumak On Saturday Reply with quote

From the 2nd Light Forums, Tumak's Local Spot
http://www.2ndlight.com/fusetalk/forum/

Jane and Allison, please pass along my condolences and regrets not to be able to participate. Paddle out on a paipo for me, and all the others here on this forum.

The Paddle Out
There will be a paddle out for Chris Harazda on Saturday December 22nd at 9 a.m. at the Officers Club parking lot. (Chris Harazda passed away unexpectedly last weekend.) It is the traffic light North of the famous second light that this site is named after. It is the largest parking lot one light to the North of the Main gate of Patrick Air Force Base If you need more specific directions I will be glad to email you a Google map of the location. Please email me at tomneilsonus@yahoo.com If you have any questions that need a more immediate answer than call me at 321-508-5055.

Janet is holding up really well considering the situation but still needs her space right now as you can imagine. thanks and respect to everyone out there that knew, appreciated and loved Chris. He will be missed by all of us and this is a tribute to a great soul, being and great surfer.
bgreen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rod,

I had reason to do a search on anotehr subject and you can see Tumak's contributions all over the place. Perhaps when the rawness passes somewhat, the forum exchange capture a picture of Tumak in action which his family might appreciate.

Doesn't sound like he was too old , what a shame, but as others have said, better doing something he loved.

Bob
PaipoJim
Director of CTU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had the opportunity to surf with Tumak but his posts on this forum always had a lot of stoke. Sad to see him go. RIP.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: