rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fin flap
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floor mats?
doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: floor mats Reply with quote

those are what one presumes is under the sand, coffee cups, matchbooks and towels on the floor of the pickup.
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

floor mats

Quote:
those are what one presumes is under the sand, coffee cups, matchbooks and towels on the floor of the pickup.

Good point. Just because I spent part of the day in a vehicle with floor mats that I vacumned within recent memory doesn't preclude the obvious: no floor mats, tropical rust-throughs, and the proverbial So Much Crap That Who Knows? Might even find a sandal or two down there...
Birdie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put the Husky floormats in, and Corbeau Baja Bucket seats. I can hose out the whole cab. Nothing like an older model toyota you can cover in sand and sea water, inside and out...no prob-lei-mo....Yakima racks for everything, surf, kayak, bike. All Terrain. CB radio. Camper.

I'd rather have it than 99% of the SUV's out there.

I can't be bothered with the "it cost over $30,000 - don't get it dirty" crowd.

I just have a great time, no worries, and leave them in the dust fretting over the dust....

I do use a "Cinch Sac" - they sell them over at Wetsand.com. Round bit of waterproof canvas, with a drawstring, you stand on it - take off your suit, get back in your flip-flops and clothes, then, pull on the drawstring and it turns into a small sack.....brilliant! No more big plastic tubs or cold wet suits to schelp over your arm into the house, etc...I pack my suits back up in it, as I leave the house, too...

Yeah, it was last year or so with those american retro hurachies...they weren't as cool as the original ones...I think Malibu Ocean Sports had them...few shops. The original heavy duty ones are best. It could have been a company like Reef.

My Sanuk's last about a year or so - next time I am getting a pair of black leather rainbows...
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Ahoy Birdie Reply with quote

Ahoy Birdie,
I'm not sure how mac users do it, but I can right click on a photo on your personal web site, click on "properties" and it displays the address url for that particular photo. I copy the address, then paste it here in Rod's forum, highlight the address and then click on the Img box up on the toolbar. How does a mac user do something similar? Help Mr. Wizard!

doc
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They make stuff, self adhesive 'ice and snow' undelayment for roofs. It's cheap, has traction and sticks on very nicely with a little heat.

Seats - in the dreaded '81 Stepside, you cover them with either canvas or JC Whitney seatcovers. Every couple years the dog destroys a set, so ya replace or patch as need be. Wax, dusting, etc? Naah. More like pound out the dents and weld on new steel, then spray with Industrial Black, 'cos bare metal isn't a fashion statement.

Boards, tools, those go in the back, which leaves plenty room for a small cooler up front. Useful for live bait. Or India Pale Ale. Or both, if you don't mind your bait being a little woozy and smelling slightly of hops.

Wetsuits? I cheat. My boards live in board bags when they are not actually wet, so if the weather's warm enough to doff 'em at the beach rather than at home under running hot water, then stand on board bag, de-suit, and stuff the board in and then the suit, fins and etc.

Camper? We don't need no steenking camper. We got the Lady of the Evening , complete with bunks, galley, dining area, sundeck, bookshelves, even larger bait cooler and etc. For those places they don't let cars go. Parking, no problem. Just drop anchor. Fishing? just drop a line ( preferably with drunken bait) over the side.

( hit Img button, type in URL of choice)

(hit Img button again - works with anything)
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel a new thread coming on - " most desirable surf vehicle". not counting the actual board; the actual thing that gets you to the beach.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: