rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Handboard Palm Pads

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Handboard Palm Pads Reply with quote

Nels,
regarding the photo you sent of the deck of the Sam Spade sort of handboard...what is the palm pad material? Coconut shell? Rubber?
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what is the palm pad material? Coconut shell? Rubber?

An optical illusion...and what is life if not a dream?

Assuming you refer to the board on the right under the strap what you are seeing are two colorful computer printed fantasy images laminated onto the deck with Min Wax polyurethane, with a larger photo on the bottom. This was purely experimental on my part; a wag could say it is 70's burnout decoupage... and probably be right.

My agonizingly simple digital camera doesn't get to show much detail...both handboards are made for the tips of my fingers to be at the front, thumb hooked on the outside of the strap, with approximately two inches of space between the bottom of my hand and the trailing edge of the board.

While handboards are amazingly forgiving, the one potential problem area is on the deck. Any kind of pad beyond a hard flat traction thing is breeding ground for loose straps. You can pearl these things. A raised grip situation would also work - I can't think of the name of the wearable (gloved) handboards with these but they are advanced and availble- maybe down the line I'll try something like that. For this "run" it was basic handboards and a paipo. At buildout it will be a paipo and four handboards complete for right around $20 U.S.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: