rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inflatable?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> For Sale, Wanted or Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kneeridin
Matt Master

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Inflatable? Reply with quote

Alternative wave riding vehicle...doubles as an air mattress.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SURFSTER-INFLATABLE-BODYBOARD-BOOGIE-BOARD-Travel-Easy_W0QQitemZ7241974102QQcategoryZ71168QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...it brings an end to the surfer boards flapping around in the wind..."
Always big problem for surfbordering individuals such as myself.
PaipoJim
Director of CTU

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-
Went for less than a tenth of one of Dale's! You usually get what you pay for though.
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are around...I think Sharper Image sells them although I could be offbase on that...and something quite similar has sold on river sports websites. Probably some guys on the Inflatable Dreams group would have tried them. They are big and bulky looking compared to Dale's mats.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay....I'll confess. I ordered three different Surfsters last Summer, and not one of them came with a blonde in a bikini. They are esentially a modern variant of the old tire inner tube in a burlap sack. Better shape and less drag than the old burlap tube, but there is still drag. Most of you wouldn't want to go slower than you would on a typical slick-bottom sponge. My wife really enjoys them. They have handles, they float her high out of the cold water and there is less guilt in running over the tops ot the kids in shallower water.

The inner vinyl? inflatable slides into the tail of the nylon? and volara? sack. The tail is then closed up with a velcro closure. I've heard rumors that the inner vinyl can be ridden at low inflation to get better speed out of the Surfster. That would also avoid the belly rash that you get from the outer shell. Speaking of belly rash...I think that's the real reason the blonde in the bikini is screaming in the ad photos.
swordie

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah wrote:
OkThey are esentially a modern variant of the old tire inner tube in a burlap sack. Better shape and less drag than the old burlap tube, but there is still drag.

could'nt have put it better meself. I bought one on ebay cheap, just to tide me over until my neumatic arrived.

Quote:

I've heard rumors that the inner vinyl can be ridden at low inflation to get better speed out of the Surfster.

that's what Dale told me too.

I've kept the thing to throw at those who want a go on my neumatic. keeps em quiet, for a while
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> For Sale, Wanted or Trade All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: