rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PaipoBoard with Hydrofoil
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spuuut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Foil design. Reply with quote

batboard wrote:
Poobah wrote:
worry more about support struts rupturing through the deck, etc.

ten four on that.
I dont think it would be too hard to make the foils with a little bit of shaping\glassing experience or theres a co. called fastacraft.com who make Al or c/fibre ones(?) I wanted to ask how about using a dihedral ' V ' shaped foil, or a swept wing style??? Angles of 7 degees max are commonly used in aircraft.They are reported to have a steady lift and give some "wobble" stability. After looking at the photos I cant tell what all the machanics is above the front foil? As a first time poster here I would appreciate some input, thanks.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried sending a PM to MT Barrells?
spuuut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah wrote:
Have you tried sending a PM to MT Barrells?

Hi Poobah, thanks for the reply, I didnt know if anyone was out there.
What is a "PM"?
I think I know that MTBarrels is the guy who built the foil board, but help me out here, I'm a bit lost knowing who is who and what they know.
I have a fair bit of experience with boards and glassing for a young guy and I'd like to make my own foil paipo without selling my car to finance the Research and Development. Can you point me towards MT or someone who knows the facts on the foil?? Regards,Brett.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course most of us want to lurk the conversation, but there are times when you might want to send a personal message to someone. You do that simply by clicking the PM logo at the bottom of the post of the person you want to contact. It's how we message eachother through the forum without exposing our e-mail addresses to poker playing virus mongers.
spuuut

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah wrote:
Of course most of us want to lurk the conversation, but there are times when you might want to send a personal message to someone. You do that simply by clicking the PM logo at the bottom of the post of the person you want to contact. It's how we message eachother through the forum without exposing our e-mail addresses to poker playing virus mongers.

Here's some food for thought on the subject....why not three foils instead of two?

http://www.larryobrien.com/RPF/trifoil.pdf

Click "refresh" if that PDF doesn't load properly the first time.

Thanks again Poobah, just a quick idea for all.
If the hull (paipo) with foils attached to it is only in the water when you are paddling, why use a real board when you could make a purpose built " paddling hull " to put the foils on?
It could be ultra bouyant, any length, easier to make and make fast paddling easier because its made with one aim,straight line speed. What say you??
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some updates and pics have been posted.
http://www.rodndtube.com/paipo/hydrofoil/paipo_hydrofoil.shtml
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: