rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carlisle Tray

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Carlisle Tray Reply with quote

Phantom asked in the "For Sale" forum about my tray paipo. But I thought I'd move my answer out here, because I'll probably raise more questions than I answer.
I bought my Carlisle Tray Paipo through a local restaurant. The manager was cool enough to just slip it into his weekly order. That way I avoided shipping charges. Just $34.00 and it looks like a business lunch on my credit card. How about that?...an off-the-rack and tax-deductible fiberglass paipo. The tray came with a web address on the bottom.
http://www.carlislefsp.com Go to the products catalog, then foodservice trays, then Griptite Trays. My model is a tan 3100GR. It has the trademark Griptite texture deck. Steel reinforced rails, but still has some flex.
Overall Size: 31.5 x 23.5
Planing Area: 28.5 x 21
Rails: Art Deco

So far the only customizing has been the addition of a surface mount leash attachment on the bottom of the nose. Ya, that's wierd. I didn't want to drill through the tray, and I didn't think the E-Z Plug would stick well to the rubber Griptite deck. I might add a platypus canard to the nose to prevent pearling, and then I can reattach the leash there. But first I need to ride it in it's simplest form, and I haven't taken it out yet. Too many sea cave and desert trips lately. Maybe tomorrow I'll launch the Green Flash. Here's a photo:

rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Birdie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to get a TRAPEZOID Tray.....for the Y.

For swimming underwater at the pool with...

The Trapezoids are kind trianglular....with a blunt nose.

Need Polycarbonate - will hold up to the chorline.

Birdie
Phantom
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Surf&Serve Reply with quote

Hmm, looks to have some Greenough in it..The camo deal is neat, phantom likes slipping under the radar.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Military Versions Reply with quote

I thought about it's military applications. Even came up with some names, like Sadam Slider or R.A.P. (Rapid Attack Paipo.) Navy Seals could surface in the wave zone, and then ride in with guns aimed and ready. Dig a hole on shore to bury your swim gear, and cover it with the R.A.P. Or you could take it inland so you can surf down sand dunes into the enemy camp. Of course I'll have to charge ten times more for the miltary versions.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Military Versions Reply with quote

Poobah wrote:
I thought about it's military applications. Even came up with some names, like Sadam Slider or R.A.P. (Rapid Attack Paipo.) Navy Seals could surface in the wave zone, and then ride in with guns aimed and ready. Dig a hole on shore to bury your swim gear, and cover it with the R.A.P. Or you could take it inland so you can surf down sand dunes into the enemy camp. Of course I'll have to charge ten times more for the miltary versions.

It's time to send you over to Coronado to have a little chat with our seal friends Wink The RAP would also make a great recruitment tool in the cities. [BTW, you know the RAP has already been employed... a top secret Rumsfeld transformational innovation.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: