rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Plywood Derby

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: The Plywood Derby Reply with quote

I sometimes wonder how many fine and funky bellyboards would have been built if it were a father/son project like the Pinewood Derby race cars made by Boy Scouts and other youth groups. In some ways the Derby has been perverted, like I've seen Physics professors selling their derby cars on ebay. Okay, so maybe the Scout bellyboard isn't a competition, but more like a merit badge. Bodysurfing should also have its own merit badge. Perhaps the Scout bellyboard project did exist decades ago. If so, then could it ever rise again? Maybe not. I recently visitied my old Junior High school. The wood shop and metal shop were gone. Replaced by a choir room. Now I'm not against singing and music, but I think it's sad when schools get rid of shop classes. We can teach sex in school, but woodworking must be taught in the home??
baidarka
Matt Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We can teach sex in school, but woodworking must be taught in the home??

I learned screwing, nailing, etc... in wood shop. My parents were unwilling to teach the ins and outs of tool use at home.
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like endless cold, foggy, flat California surf to make the mind wander...

Quote:
I recently visitied my old Junior High school. The wood shop and metal shop were gone. Replaced by a choir room. Now I'm not against singing and music, but I think it's sad when schools get rid of shop classes. We can teach sex in school, but woodworking must be taught in the home??

Where was this, Poobah? Michael Jackson Middle School? Get out while you can, I always say...

Everybody knows the quality of public education is based on how much money is thrown at the wall, not intelligent planning. Shop classes only teach skills for the working class, and the Big Boss Man is sending those jobs overseas as fast as he can to jack up the profit statement either for quarterly stock reporting or to get a bigger line of credit to buy himself more useless sh*t he doesn't need but keeps the wife and soccerbabies quiet.

As to the quaint notion of bellyboards in any connotation, a modern parent would no doubt discourage such foolishness and take the spawn to get a top of the line standup surfboard. It's 2005- fall in line or fall behind! If you aren't in full conformance mode by kindergarden your entire life is ruined. Deviation is not acceptable.

As for teaching sex in school, face it - sex sells! "Going pro" isn't limited to shortboard surfers...
John Mellor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: homemade bellyboards... Reply with quote

A quick look at Anybeach, USA reveals a propensity towards buying those ready made soft squared off things at WalMart, Big-5, Rite-Aid, Sav-On, etc.

Did that kid say "RIGHT NOW MOMMY!"???
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: