rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dextra and ???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> For Sale, Wanted or Trade
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Dextra and ??? Reply with quote

There's a nice looking Dextra currently on ebay, but even more interesting is what's in the background of the photos.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7168619051&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting collection to say the least. My first thought was that the camera was playing tricks on me. Then I thought maybe it was Geoff Myers' surf shop in Leucadia -- but it is listed as Huntington Beach.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kneeridin
Matt Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Dextra and ??? Reply with quote

[quote="Poobah"]There's a nice looking Dextra currently on ebay, but even more interesting is what's in the background of the photos.

Saw the page. Focused on the Dextra in the foreground... then my eyes wandered to the background. What's up with the number of boards in that quiver? Stacked up like cordwood. Is that a spoon on the right? Thought I'd post up the news, but once again Poo is ahead of the wave.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one from the collection is being auctioned off:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7169938002&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed the guy asking about all the boards in the back and he replied
"I have approx 45 Belly and Kneeboards I am going to sell..The Boards are in S El Monte, and I live in Huntington beach...
Thanx,
Bruce"
I spent a little time trying to track down the restaraunt "The Oasis" in the background, if that's what it is. No luck yet. Anyway.. 45 BOARDS! D*mn.
Should we make a group offer? Anyone want ot mortgage the house? Don't you think he should set some aside for the actual relics that like to ride these relics?
I am trusting that you guys won't all run off and find this guy and pre-empt my bids because I know you are all caring, sharing... Hey! wait aminiute... Ohhh noooo!
PaipoJim
Director of CTU

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! It would be worth a trip just to photograph and catalog 'em before they are dispersed. Those two boards look like the real thing: plenty of nose rocker!
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Evil

Quote:
Wow! It would be worth a trip just to photograph and catalog 'em before they are dispersed

Better yet, save all his pictures!

It would probably be worth it to photograph if you were going to take measurements though. The historian in me likes that idea, but the guy who lives in my meatsack and already has too much stuff and too many files cringes when the brain goes that way...it's 2005 on Planet Earth, and we probably ought to take advantage of new materials and whatever real design achievements have taken place. The most mindblasting bellyboard I've ever seen is the Paul Gross/Proneman "El Paipo Grande", an 8'8" hull made for smaller Malibu...[/i]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> For Sale, Wanted or Trade All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: