rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Eaton Bonzer Paipos

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solo
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Eaton Bonzer Paipos Reply with quote

"Just met a guy at Seaside reef yesterday with a beautiful new Eaton bonzer paipo. I turned him on to this site and told him he ought to post some pics. Hope he does."

Posted by "Burnwater" in KSUSA, Sat May 21, 2005 7:35 am - Topic:
"Old Bellyboards"

http://www.ksusa.org/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=18288&sid=d16f8d5ab537764616d7394ca91e38eb#18288
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talked to Mike Eaton a couple (?) of years ago about making a bonzer bellyboard. At that point in time, he had never done a bonzer that short, but he was willing to try. Mike also mentioned that he made some traditional balsa bellyboards back "in the old days" out of the balsa scraps from surfboard production. Laminated blocks of balsa only 2 inches wide.
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting in the stacks of email, somewhere in cyberspace Wink , is one I got from a guy in Ventura County. He has had several Malcom Campbell Bonzer bellyboards through the years, so anyone interested could probably get one through that channel.

Someday I'll get around to cleaning out that email account and following up or burying the ghosts. Maybe the guy visits here? I certainly send people this way. Sorry I haven't got around to anything more if you are here; I've been slacking. Which is, of course, what slackers do...
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nels wrote:
Sitting in the stacks of email, somewhere in cyberspace Wink , is one I got from a guy in Ventura County. He has had several Malcom Campbell Bonzer bellyboards through the years, so anyone interested could probably get one through that channel.

That's really interesting, Nels. Here's something to ponder...how long do you make the concaves on a belly bonzer? Half the length of the board? More? Less? Why?

Here's something from SJ that's on Mike's website:

http://www.eatonsurf.com/pdf/Bonzer%20SJ%20art/The%20Long%20Strange%20Saga%20of%20the%20Bonzer.pdf
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Here's something to ponder...how long do you make the concaves on a belly bonzer? Half the length of the board? More? Less? Why?

Hopefully I still have a good email address for the guy. From what I remember from living near Bonzer Ground Zero I think the basic setup is or at least was fairly standard with scaling being the major adjustment. I guess I have another summer project herre, that being to track all this down.
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to the official Campbell site...

http://www.bonzer5.com/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: