rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rail profiles - help!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swordie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: rail profiles - help! Reply with quote

Ok at long last I've got my act together and am about to commit saw to foam. so it's going to be a fish paipo 4'6" x 22 x 2.5 with a wide tail [around 17"] I'm a big [ie wide] guy. keel fins.

can someone give me a pointer on rails - 50/50 all through or hard soft hard or up rails at the front?

c'mon guys help me out here! Laughing

BTW waves mostly dribblers, with odd good day thrown in from knee high up to overhead
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the "up" rails up in the forward third, but nothing too hard/turned down either. Reason: the nose is more likely to dig during a turn. 50-50 or soft works better for a good release, more forgiving.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes sharpness in the crotch of the tail is achieved by having the masking tape high on the tail in the hot coat stage.
kage
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to find a link to the 70's design book that has the Lis Fish specs. It has precise rail shapes and measurements from top to bottom. But I can't find it. It was either KSUSA of Swaylocks but I searched and couldn't find it. I have a printout but the dimensions are so small and fuzzy... Can anyone find that link? It was to a .pdf file for a whole book.
slopsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kage,

i think this is what your after.

http://fundingcashflow.com/surfing/Surfboard_Design_and_Construction_1977.pdf
slopsurfer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

page 61 Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Paipo Board Design & Building All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: