rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alien

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Alien Reply with quote

I just got an e-mail tonight from a bellyboarder in Holland. Apparently doors aren't the only things they cut in half over there. Sometimes they cut their sailboards in half....

EvertW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: ah those dutchmen Reply with quote

Very Happy the board was my garage-style attempt to build a surfboard, and is al little "rough" ahum. Seems to work though as long as you don't try to duckdive under waves. It has far more floatation than i expected Confused
But in a way that's great because the wave are mostly kind of small and slow around my break.

i recently cut up another sailboard and am sanding my way towards a thinner board that works better in bigger waves. Keep you posted Very Happy
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enough flotation for a tandem paipo. Did you try it yet as a single fin board? A deep single fin?

I must confess I was a bit crushed to see the leash cord. Like most Yanks I just assumed that you Dutch simply drilled a hole in the nose of the board and stuck your finger in it. Another myth shattered. Wink
EvertW

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a myth crushed? After living in Amsterdam for years you just get more picky in the things you stick your fingers in [insert a red light district joke here] Very Happy

good thing about the thickness of the board is that you can stand on it to look for waves har har har

i didn't try it as a single fin, but after seeing George Greenough's Crystal Voyager movie i got quite inspired Idea so maybe my next board will have one of those long flexible fins....
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: