rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums.
The (NEW) MyPaipoBoards Forums have moved to a new site. New registration is required.

Click on the link below:
About the Forums - Read Me!

{MyPaipoBoards Home}MyPaipoBoards Home  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PNW Paipo Palooza in Sept?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phantom
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Unmentionables Reply with quote

Nels, you know, we can work something out. I would not be adverse to facilitating a Piapolooza for those with a heatry core temp. Sept. is golden.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Unmentionables Reply with quote

Phantom wrote:
els, you know, we can work something out. I would not be adverse to facilitating a Piapolooza for those with a hearty core temp. Sept. is Golden...

The last week of Sept or first week of Oct might work for me -- would need to squeeze it between tropical storm chasing time up and down the Eastern Seaboard with a buddy that's in the works. [yeah, i'm taking some down time off from work for Sept/Oct!]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phantom
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Modern Rubber Reply with quote

Yes , bring the Modern Rubber. will you be arriving by commercial airline, or passenger car?
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Modern Rubber Reply with quote

Phantom wrote:
Yes , bring the Modern Rubber. will you be arriving by commercial airline, or passenger car?

I would, if I can, be arriving to Portland or Seattle via commercial airline. Will no doubt hook my my Kelso-based schoolmate to participate (he's a shortboarder that did his share of paipo belly riding in Puerto Rico when we were grommets).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Phantom
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nels? Paipo Jim? Birdie? Seamus, your wingman.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I split this thread out from the southern swell thread.
Phantom
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: ere We Go! Reply with quote

Go http://www.nxnwsurf.com for a preview of what your getting into. I am going to go eat some mexican food.
rodndtube
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: ere We Go! Reply with quote

Phantom wrote:
Go http://www.nxnwsurf.com for a preview of what your getting into. I am going to go eat some mexican food.

I stopped in and talked to Frank on our return trip to Vancouver Island a week ago Friday. We kidded around about all the "secret spots" of posted pics as you walk into his shop. Maybe he wasn't kidding Wink

Any specific areas to check out at the site?
Phantom
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Images Reply with quote

I think you will like Bloody sunday,Coastal Reef Break, or Perfect forWall paper.Headed out at dawn to match up a rivermouth with this swell. Forty years surfing up here, and still finding new spots!
Phantom
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Was he kidding? Reply with quote

Frank is Keeper of The Gate.
baidarka
Matt Master

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

September would be swell. Keep me posted, Master Phantom.
Nels
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Phantom"]Nels? quote]

I'd love to, especially since that lead time would allow me to fatten up like an elephant seal in anticipation, not to mention break out the 4/3 wetsuit. But alas, I'm in one of those life periods where I cannot make plans in advance, as I am needed close to the home fires. Should any real travel be possible this year it would probably be to see the family in Oregon. If the fates allow...
Poobah
Dolphin Glider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I will be up in Big Sur for the Swayloholics 2004 Meeting on the weekend of September 18th and 19th. We could possibly stray father North before or after that event. We're also considering relocation to Portland.
PaipoJim
Director of CTU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Unmentionables Reply with quote

Phantom wrote:
Nels, you know, we can work something out. I would not be adverse to facilitating a Piapolooza for those with a heatry core temp. Sept. is golden.

September can also be quite warm water temp-wise. If there is extended calm weather the more protected coves and bays in Oregon can get into the 60's with a lot of sunshine. On the other hand, summer can bring an upwelling effect close to shore when the California Current eddies swirl around the continental shelf. Two years ago on a pre-Labor Day surfari down the south coast above and below Cape Blanco the water temp was 48 degrees for several days! That's definetly getting into ice cream headache territory.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    rodndtube.com's (OLD) MyPaipoBoards Forums. Reading but no posting on the OLD forums. Forum Index -> Your Wave All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: